Director of Nursing at Hospital Lumiere
Job Summary: Responsible for leadership and management of the Hospital Nursing Team
The nursing department within the hospital and clinic at Hospital Lumiere is staffed by Haitian nationals who are trained and certified by the Haitian medical system. Over the past 10 years, the nursing staff capability and dedication to serving the patient’s has greatly improved. All nursing departments are supervised by well qualified and skilled team members that are responsible for delivering the nursing services including staff assignments, scheduling, quality assurance and training. The position of Director of Nursing is to support the nursing team providing guidance, supervision and mentoring. This is not a hands on direct patient care position.
A key component of the medical program at Hospital Lumiere is hosting medical teams and ongoing training from medical professionals in the States. The DON will be responsible for establishing, coordinating and hosting nursing medical teams visiting HL.
This opportunity is a fulltime missionary position resident at Hospital Lumiere in Bonne Fin Haiti.
- Active member of the Apostolic Christian Church with a heart for service and desire to share the love of Jesus with the Haitian people
- Love for Haitian people and desire to work in close collaboration with Nursing Staff with a focus on relationship building
- Commitment to Ethical decision making and honesty in all decisions
- Responsibility and Accountability in all action, and willingness to support Nursing Supervisors in fostering program expectations with their nursing staff
- Willingness to adapt to necessary and frequent change
- Attitude of openness to learning and respect for Haitian culture
- Willingness to learn Creole language to effectively communicate with staff
- Willingness to work as team-player with other staff members and other members of Leadership Team including Administrator, Medical Director, Manager of Central Supply, Facilities Director, Operations Director, Finance Director and Pastors Office.
- Desire to interact with patients, families and employees while serving as an Ambassador For Christ.
- Active Licensure as Registered Nurse in US
- 5 years nursing experience preferred
For additional details for this exciting and worthy service opportunity contact
Amber Miller, HarvestCall's Missionary Care Coordinator. 765.250.4295 x108
Posted on Friday May 22
by Site Admin