3. Zigzag or serge all edges to reduce fraying.
4a. Add bias tape to the bottom short edge (the edge parallel with the holes).
4b. Fold over the raw edge of bias tape.
5. Fold from the bottom up (wrong sides together) to form a large pocket. Leave about 2” at the top where the holes are.
6. Add bias tape around the top and sides (all edges except the folded bottom edge).
7. Cut two, 28” ties. This can be bias tape sewn into strip, ribbon, shoe-lace, or something similar.
8. Loop ties through top holes. Put both ends of one tie through the hole. Then put ends through the loop created by the rest of the tie. Pull tight. Repeat step 7 for the other hole. (Recipient will use the string ends to tie the bag onto their wheelchair.)
9. Add Velcro (a small square is usually sufficient) to the pocket to hold it closed.
If you prefer having the instructions as a printable document, download it here.