Barley & Vegetable Soup is a mix of dried vegetables, spices, chicken flavored bouillon, and textured vegetable protein that is packaged and distributed by HarvestCall.
Barley & Vegetable Soup is very nutritious and economical
Textured Vegetable Protein is used as a meat substitute and when cooked is very similar to chicken. It also provides a good source of protein for the diet. *Barley & Vegetable Soup is widely accepted by different cultures.
The Fairbury HarvestCall Distribution Center assembles kits that can be sent to any church for a local HarvestCall work project. The kits include all the ingredients, bags, labels and instructions to make 1,000 (6-serving) packages of soup. Custom-sized kits can be made per request.
Each kit will include the following ingredients:
- Textured Vegetable Protein
- Chicken-Flavored Bouillon
- Spice Blend (Celery, Onions, Garlic Salt)
- Dried Vegetable Blend (Potatoes, Carrots, Peas)
- Bags and Labels
- Boxes or Buckets (if needed)
- Instruction sheet on making soup packages
Items you will need to package the soup:
- Measuring cups
- Funnels (sample funnels available at Fairbury Center)
- Impulse heat sealer (sealers available for purchase or use)
- Willing helpers! (Group of 15-20 people can usually package 1,000 packages in 1 1⁄2 hrs.)
- Completed kits can be distributed to local food pantries, homeless shelters
or soup kitchens. $425.00 for 1000 pkts
- Completed kits can be returned to Fairbury HarvestCall Distribution Center for Distribution.
See the Fairbury Distribution Center page